Task Force 115
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The first Delta Squad training run.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The first Delta Squad training run. Empty
PostSubject: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty16/12/2009, 10:10

After an interesting OA with Lt. Sykes and Pvt. Virgill, I decided to go on a very simple mission:

We were to go to a purple area (North Sherebank) and to make an Outpost there.
On our way to that zone, we decided together to actually raise Aggro, and exterminate the area.

The following members were present:

Lt. Sykes
Sgt. Lorna
Pvt. Carter
Pvt. Virgill

I will only write relevant material. Mission details will not be writen here.
What happens in a mission, stays in the mission.

It went pretty quiet until N.Sherebank. And once there, we tried to raise aggro, to no avail.
Therefore we decided to move E to the next public restroom, in a red area.
As we were about to move, all hell broke loose.
After some combat we decided to stay there - after all, it was our first mission together, and we didn't really know how the team would hold up against stronger enemies (by holding up I don't mean surviving... I mean holding up as a team, taking orders, acting cool, etc).
Fortunately there wasn't much to worry about...
After a while into the fight we decided to barricade in the restroom, with the Lt. nailing the boards and myself and Pvt. Carter keeping the zombies in check. After making sure everyone was fed, and healthy, we left the place and soon enough the area was cleaned of any zed presence (we actually barricaded 2 times, but that's another story. One for the people there. One that includes a small rescue mission Cool ).
We then proceeded to quickly inspect the nearest building before retreating to Nastya's.
That we did in a pretty much orderly and quick fashion.
In the way back, we met with some resistance, but nothing amazing. It was just a purple area, after all.

I had the great pleasure of having both the first game with 3 other clan members, and the first game of Delta Squad.
You both did very well. I hope you have learned something in this run. I know I did.
A word of thanks to the Lt.
...always a pleasure to fight by your side. Very Happy

Feel free to post whatever you want under this thread.

Sgt. Lorna, out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty16/12/2009, 14:20

In support of Sgt. Lorna, I think these training missions are an excellent chance to get in touch with the people in your unit, and feel out the abilities and strengths of not only their character, but the person sitting at their computer as well. We all had lots of fun, and with the objective being training, the mission was a huge success.

And a word to Sgt Lorna:
I don't think I would rather fight anywhere else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty16/12/2009, 20:08

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty16/12/2009, 21:38

Glad to know it was a success, Sgt. Well-written report, too.
I hope to join in on the next Insertion.
Cheers,
xXHKXx
Back to top Go down
https://taskforce115.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 05:24

You are always more than welcomed, Admiral.
I am already planing a new mission for tomorrow evening and will post it later.

Lorna out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 08:47

Yes t'was an unbelievably educating mission. And same about havin' fun on it. Wink

Idea I have to get most operative on mission, is shortcuts:

E - east
W - west
S - south
N - north
hp - hold position
ac - ammo check or sc - status check (health, hungryness, and ammo)
back / R - reatreat

for privates:
sys - sir yes sir
mym - as above
H - help

For everyone:
gm - guard me (when somebody wants to write somethin important while aggro)
on - outpost needed (when somebody noticed that he have like critical and hungry, and rest of tema is doin well enough to get some barricade in storage or hotel or toilet)

It's really not much to learn and helps in coordination and operativness pretty much Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 08:59

I really like those ideas, private.
Just to complement:

On "H" the person issuing the help request should imediately state where she/he is (if detached from team).
for example:

H
SE

The person is 1 square S, one E.
The idea is that when this happens he shouldn't be too far away(if he is, this doesn't apply).
either way, the team must know where that person is, in order to help and not getting lost.

another one:
I like the "on", but change it to "ON"
That way it gives some urgency to the appeal, and when the rest are busy fighting, they are more likely to notice something written in capitals.

Still, these are simple suggestions upon your ideas, Pvt.
I like them very much, and will create a separate thread for simple commands that the Delta Squad can use (and all others, of course).

Thank you.

Lorna out.
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 09:13

I will take it upon myself to make such a list, with everyone's help of course. If you don't mind. Wink
Also, when asking for help(H), and stating directions when detached from squad, using commas to separate different directions would help.
For example,
If you were to say: H-SE, that could mean either southeast in general, or one block south, one block east. To specify directions, H-S,E would seem more specific, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 09:56

Of course, HK. Less work for me Wink

Uhm... I'm not too sure on the directions thingy.

A general SE distress call won't really work for me. If i'm with my squad, and I get a help call from someone that says to me he is in SE (meaning general direction SE), he can just die for all I care... He is being reckless. Neither me nor anyone should simply go after another person if that person hasn't a clue of where he is. Better for him to just change screens ASAP and say the name of the area where he just changed into. Then we're game. (It actually happened in our first training mission. But don't spread around, shhhh! It's a secret. Wink )

I think that adding commas between the directions takes more time to input and adds more stuff.
If I say H SSE, that's where I have strayed from the squad, meaning I am 2 south and 1 east (but even this example is a bit complicated. I'm really hoping that the team doesn't get so separated as that... because if they do get in such a position, they better just state the name of the place they are at).
But re-reading what I just wrote... I guess it's really a question of personal choice.
If a person is ok with separation marks and commas in between the directions, and does it without hindering his/her combat skills, it's fine by me. Hell, in MP outside TF115, I like to write like hell while underpressure, just for the fun and extra danger.
If a person writes NE in the expectation that I'll rescue his lost bum somewhere in the far regions of the NE, he is zombie meat.

Returning to the tips...

on the "sc" and "ac" (status check and ammo check).
I would say that if we are in the middle of combat, it will be pretty hard to write:
nourished, healthy, normal. Or for that matter:
PP90 3567 glock 25 1120, ...

maybe first letters?
nhn
or, a status like "fine":
fff
(meaning: food, health, armor fine)

Don't know, really. But it would be pretty quickly to answer and acess on while under attack.
As for bullets, we could have the same trick.
If the squad member is fine with how many bullets he has, he might answer
f or something like that.

Of course, these are simply rules to use under atack (a real one).
Yesterday we were fighting mostly purples, and ppl had a bit of a hard time answering those same questions when I made them (with long armed reds, it will be impossible to do so), and I really don't care to know if "Pvt. X" has 3000 bullets or 4356. I want to know if he has enough.
Enough for what? For the mission at hand, plus a few more in case we have to change to plan B or simply to retreat.

Well, this was long.

Lorna out.

Last edited by Lorna on 17/12/2009, 10:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 10:07

I suppose you're right, it would take more time to use commas. But I have a better tip: just stick with the team. Don't stray off. Then we don't have to worry about how to type distress calls. Razz
Easy 'nuff, right?

And I think ammo checks would be easier if someone just stated something like 'LA'- Low Ammo.
Stating numerical values would be better off after re-qrouping and barricading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 10:45

Lol. Agreed... but it does happen. The idea is to get so good that it never happens. And we will get there, even if I kill them repeatedly.
LA or something like that also sounds good to me.
It's really a question of deciding on the terminology, and then start using it to memorize it Smile

Ok, I go to bed.
See you tomorrow!

L.

PS: Hope you can join us on our first official mission, boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty17/12/2009, 11:12

Totally agree with Lorna. I was even about to write bout this, but I'm to lazy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first Delta Squad training run.   The first Delta Squad training run. Empty

Back to top Go down

The first Delta Squad training run.
Page 1 of 1