Task Force 115
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Signatures

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 19:10

People of Task Force 115, custom signatures, made by your ever-creative Lt. Sykes, are now available.

These signatures pretty much act as billboards in whatever threads you might post in on the forums, drawing more people to our cause, amongst other things.

Want one? Fill out this form, and send it to me ON THIS FORUM PLEASE. (because people send messages by mistake to someone who's not me in-game).

1.) Your Name ACCOUNT name, as in the one that appears over your character in-game. (try not to mess this one up)

2.) A quote. If the quote you give dosen't fit in the allotted space, I'll ask you to suggest a different one. Keep it within reason. Although I will allow language, be reasonable. ("Kill every motherfucker," I'll let fly, "Cocks," I'll flay you alive.)

3.) What you consider your COMBAT SPECIALTY to be. Can be tricky if you claim more than one, but once again, I anticipated this in advance. Try to stick to what you use in a high-aggro situation, as we all seem to use melee, but don't all stick to it when everything goes to shit. Here's a shortlist:

Grenadier (Grenades)
Marksman (Rifles)
Bullet Hose (GAU-19)(You know it's true)
Mac Gunner (True Machine Guns)
Auto Rifleman (Assault Rifles)
Submac Gunner (Submachine Guns)
Shotgunner (Shotguns)
Gun Slinger (Pistols)
Ripper (Chainsaws)
Brawler (Melee Weapons)
Skirmisher (Ambiguous term for those who can't pick one)

4.) Which BACKGROUND you want.

IF YOU FAIL TO SPECIFY I'll find a totally gay one on the internet somewhere of Goatse or something to use as your background instead. Think I'm joking, too.

Here's the current list, may add more at request or personal whim.

Red Clouds.
Signatures Sig1pa10
Blood Pattern.
Signatures Sig2pa10
Graffiti.
Signatures Sig3pa10
Combined Arms.
Signatures Sig5pa10
Knife and Pistol.
Signatures Sig4pa10
Nova, A.K.A., Background #6
Signatures Sig6pa10

5.) (not yet implemented) This spot will be reserved for any ribbons you may rate. Also be sure to include how many times you have received this specific award. IT'S IMPORTANT. I am not responsible for keeping track of your shit, but if you lie about what you rate, you're going on the Never Make Sigs For This Person Again list.

6.) Whether or not you rate any special patches. haven't implemented all of these yet, either. The first two will always be your rank and specialty, but there are spaces for two more.

Here are a few examples, so you get an idea what your sig will look like when done.

Signatures Sykess13

Signatures Lornas12
And, last but not least, a demo I put together for showing off ribbons, which are currently yet to be implemented.
Signatures Sigrib11

EDIT: The real beauty behind these is the low amount of time it takes to make a new one. I can easily replicate my results, over and over, to create new, nearly identical quality signatures.

Send a PM requesting signatures to my profile on this forum. Keep your requests within this form if possible, as alterations or strange requests will simply delay the process.

Last edited by Sykes on 1/1/2010, 03:25; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 19:42

I like it. Very nice work. I like both yours and Zagan's, but yours seems more 'Official'. lol.
I particularly like the spot that says marksman. I'm planning on a role system such as medic, pointman, rifleman, etc. Just different things.
Looks very nice though, Lieutenant. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://taskforce115.forumotion.net

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 21:11

Lieutenant I do really admire your work. This sig is badass. Wink
I know how hard it is to do such thing, cause I've been playing with graphic makers as corel, acdsee, photoshop, and can say that I was pretty good at it as for amateur, but this thing is just a higher level of those skills. Wink
Again congrats.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 21:12

Glad you approve, honcho. I was hoping to make them primarily for Theta, so Zagan wouldn't have to worry about making them for the newer members every time someone joined. Plus, while they do look more official, they're not nearly as stylized at Zagan's signatures in my opinion. He simply has more experience and skill than I do.
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 21:30

I don't really care what the sigs are. It's probably gonna be based on everyone's opinions, not just mine.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty17/12/2009, 22:56

Shocked
oh my, oh my... I want it.

"marksman"... *drool*

Congratz, Benji. Looks awesome. Very different from Zagan's but I really really like it.

@HK.
Can you actually make a list of those titles? Would be great to actually start working on such a system, because it runs paralel with the military ranks and helps to define each TF115 member Smile
As time passes and I have more experience with my soldiers, I would like to propose to you that title X or Y is awarded to them.
@Benji.
Is there a list of such "jobs" in the marines? "Marksman", "Comms. operation.", ...

L.
Back to top Go down
xXHunterKillerXx
Admin
xXHunterKillerXx

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty18/12/2009, 00:51

I'll work on a list, Lorna. But I'm not too sure how well it's gonna be.
Back to top Go down
cjc23
Admin
cjc23

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty18/12/2009, 02:01

@Benji

thats a cool one,just wondering what photo editing software you're using
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty18/12/2009, 12:48

lol Good job Benji, though personally I do not really like the background. Perhaps something else? Everything needs to be revised sometime, like my first signature for TF. Did not have the blood or anything on it, just the clans Insignia and the Ranks, Name, etc. lol I love it Benji, I especially love the Marksman idea, unique in a way.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty18/12/2009, 15:39

Your taking steps towards becoming the next Da Vinci Wink

The fact that you can craft something from your imagination out of a whim amazes me.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty18/12/2009, 17:50

In the Marines, there are basicly different "jobs" within the infantry. There are jobs like Riflemen (basic infantrymen) Designated Marksmen (armed with telescopic weapons. Not snipers, but have better range and accuracy than riflemen) Grenadiers (usu. men armed with rifles with an attached grenade launcher), Automatic Rifleman (light/medium machine gunner, usu. in the rifle caliber. the Minimi and M60 being best examples)

We would probably have to create a few titles, as I don't know the titles for people wielding shotguns, sub machine guns, pistols, or melee weapons. Also, service duties, like Doctor, Engineer, etc. do usually have some sort of titles within the Marines.

Doctors would be Hospital Corpsmen (Corpsmen, or Doc for short), Engineers would be Combat Engineers... and I guess Chefs would be Cooks. I dunno not a whole of of Marine Cooks left in the Corps.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty19/12/2009, 18:02

Here comes Phase Two.

For those hoping to see a demo of awards, ribbons and other ho-hah, you'll just have to wait a few hours for me to finish it. But now, I'm ready to allow you a sneak-peek at some of the upcoming backgrounds available for a signature near YOU!!

First, the classic Red Clouds
Signatures Sig1pa10
Second, Blood Pattern (from an in-game screenshot)
Signatures Sig2pa10
Next, Grafitti
Signatures Sig3pa10
Following that, Handgun and Knife
Signatures Sig4pa10
Next, Combined Arms
Signatures Sig5pa10
And last but not least, I haven't decided on a name for this one yet, so I'll go with either Nova, or Background #6
Signatures Sig6pa10

So, that's what I have thusfar. Hope you guys like it. I can always make more backgrounds, i've refined the process even further to where it only takes me 20 second or so, outside of finding the actual image, to make a new background.

I try to make backgrounds low-contrast, so when you add words, your attention is drawn more to the words than the background. The background is just flair, after all.

In conclusion, HK, purge this page, you die. Laughing

EDIT: Also, since you haven't seem to have decided yet on ribbons and criteria for earning them, I'm going to go ahead and just work on the graphics, and we can decide the criteria later. I was planning on ironing out the Criteria first, but w/e.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty19/12/2009, 18:09

Sykes Very Happy Haven't I told you already, that you're genious? You're genious! Very Happy
Don't wanna take your time two times in short period, so when things about sigs, squads, clan structure, ribbons, etc. become clear I'll be the first who'll order one sig froma ya. Wink
My man! Wink
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty19/12/2009, 18:44

I just got juiced on coffee, so I went ahead and made a demonstration.

I simply used my sig as an example, since I already know how I like it. I don't suggest I rate any of the ribbons or awards I gave myself, and for simplicity and space-limitations sake, I'm sticking with ribbon-form for medals. This is simply a demonstration, some of these ribbons may or may not be available in the final draft. Not all of these will necessarily be directly applicable to their real-life example, the real-life images being used simply as a jump-off point.

NOTE: Gold stars on a ribbon represent that award having been awarded multiple times
NOTE: Sliver stars (not pictured) represent an award that has been awarded multiple times, in place of five gold stars.

For more info, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_decorations_of_the_United_States_military

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Award_star

Signatures Sigrib11

Now that I look at it, it might be hard to till the difference between a gold star and a silver star. When we actually get around to it, I'll enhance the contrast on that.

EDIT: Also, the ribbon versions take a lot of work, depending on how many ribbons I'm actually doing, so... yeah.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty19/12/2009, 18:58

Shocked
oh, boy...

yes.
Back to top Go down
cjc23
Admin
cjc23

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty19/12/2009, 22:04

wow,thats a great one
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty21/12/2009, 19:00

K, since someone seem to be having a hard time choosing a Special Forces insignia, I finally managed to make one myself.

This is the result of my Third attempt to make one.
Signatures Specfo10
I probably could have done much more with it, but I didn't want to overdo it, because then it would look tacky.

Also, I didn't feel like putting all that much work into it. Finding a suitable image to start with was a pain in itself.

It looks kinda bad mostly from the distortion from resizing it, and I lowered the quality a bit to compress the size (in kilobytes) of the image. In full quality I assure you it looks much better.

EDIT: it looks different in actual usage. See for example, in Lorna's signature, which I just finished this morning. if she doesn't like it, I can re-do it.

She failed to specify which background she wanted in advance, but I can easily switch them out once I make it, takes about two seconds.

Signatures Lornas10
There's also plenty of room for any future ribbons, I measured it out. There's also room left for a fourth patch I plan on implementing in the future.

I'll start taking requests now. PM me either on the DF Forums or on here. If you do both, keep your information consistent, or I might "forget" to make your sig.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty21/12/2009, 19:23

Thought about changing the background and adding a description? If it'll be without background it'll be unseeable on DF forums. Sad
But as a "banner mark" it looks great Wink
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty21/12/2009, 19:24

Now I got the idea Very Happy I thought it suppose to be an other image, not an implement to the sig Very Happy This way it's real cool Wink
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty22/12/2009, 03:56

;D

I can't thank you enough for spending your time on this, Benji...

"K, since someone seem to be having a hard time choosing a Special Forces insignia, I finally managed to make one myself."

Yeah, I know the type. Shees! Wink

I sent you an ingame PM concerning Delta's sig (Background and the quote, if I recall).
Once again sorry about running around, but I'm amidst crazy crazy people (family, of course).

Be back in a couple of hours.

L.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty22/12/2009, 04:31

Slight Carter wrote:
Thought about changing the background and adding a description? If it'll be without background it'll be unseeable on DF forums. Sad
But as a "banner mark" it looks great Wink

I have no idea what you mean

EDIT: UPDATE: An unanticipated problem has come up that will delay the production of signatures. Seems I'm having trouble coming up with a presentable yet easily readable font for some of the backgrounds.

I know some of you don't like the lighter backgrounds, but black, (A.K.A., the color that goes with everything) shows up easily on them.

It's hard to make a sig look cool with white font, and colored font just looks fruity IMO. I'm working on it, so sit tight, damnit!
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty22/12/2009, 07:45

The ideas look awesome just tell me when i get one haha.

Oh yeah i just go a cool xm8 so i am murdering the zombies and the loot is amazing.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty23/12/2009, 10:16

I think the idea is pretty kick ass Smile I still wonder why silver stars are better than gold...........
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty23/12/2009, 18:10

bonafidetide wrote:
I still wonder why silver stars are better than gold...........

It's a pattern that recurs repeatedly throughout the military. Like how a 1st Lieutenant outranks a 2nd Lieutenant, and the 1st Lieutenant's rank insignia is silver, while the 2nd's is gold. Also, the difference between a Major and Lt. Colonel. Both their rank insignia is an oak leaf, but the lower (major) is gold, while the higher is silver.

It's pretty simple to remember, but some things we were taught by our drill instructors in boot cam to help us remember, is that "gold is old", or you can think of the silver as "platinum" instead, which is more valuable than gold.

of course, I never needed that stuff, being a pretty bright recruit.
Back to top Go down

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty23/12/2009, 20:01

Sykes wrote:
of course, I never needed that stuff, being a pretty bright recruit.
Sure Very Happy
I mean - without any manner of doubt Lieutenant Sir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Signatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Signatures Empty

Back to top Go down

Signatures
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Task Force 115 :: Mess Hall-
Jump to: